[SailfishDevel] Some issues about developing in the SDK

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Jun 16 17:10:30 UTC 2013

HI David

Good to hear from you again.

My main Sailfish development host is a MacBookAir, mainly because it
lets me do stuff like program while sitting on my terrace soaking in
the sun (very rare this year) with a beer next to me (the current use
case), or hack on the train to work (tomorrow morning's use case).

This means that a typical workflow for me is:
1) Program / test it bit ..
2) Close the MBA lid while everything is stil running (SDK, Emulator et al)
3) do something else like changing trains / getting another beer
4) open the MBA lid, continue programming

I have kind of got used to the fact that after point 4), that while
the SDK and Emulator are still running, QtCreator begs to differ.

Either QtCreator thinks both are not running, or I get the timing
issues reported below (SDK in the future), so I have got used to
killing / restarting both as a matter of course.

It had occurred to me that maybe some kind of service to sync the time
of the Emulator / SDK with the development host would be the answer,
but haven't yet had time to explore further.

I have just tried the command from your mail. On both the Emulator and
the SDK I get the following.

-bash-3.2$ systemctl status vboxservice.service
vboxservice.service
	  Loaded: error (Reason: No such file or directory)
	  Active: inactive (dead)

Maybe I am jumping to conclusions, but "error" and "dead" don't sound
that healthy!

mfg

Chris