[SailfishDevel] childrenRect.height is not woking as expected

UNI Sui youni.sui at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 06:46:40 UTC 2013

looks there is something wrong in the default app code template, which is
when I add more items in the Column, the flickable is not working
correctly, until I change the contentHeight to be Column.height instead of
childrenRect.height.

// To enable PullDownMenu, place our content in a SilicaFlickable

    SilicaFlickable {

        anchors.fill: parent

                // PullDownMenu and PushUpMenu must be declared in
SilicaFlickable, SilicaListView or SilicaGridView

        PullDownMenu {

            MenuItem {

                text: "Show Page 2"

                onClicked:
pageStack.push(Qt.resolvedUrl("SecondPage.qml"))

            }

        }

                // Tell SilicaFlickable the height of its content.

        //contentHeight: childrenRect.height

        contentHeight: column.height;

                // Place our content in a Column.  The PageHeader is
always placed at the top

        // of the page, followed by our content.

        Column {

            id: column