[SailfishDevel] R: QML: Unable to open input file: No such file or directory

Kalle Jokiniemi kalle.jokiniemi at jollamobile.com
Wed Jun 5 05:35:36 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Tue, 2013-06-04 at 18:08 +0200, christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch wrote:
> Hi Wim
>
> I think it may well be down to something you are doing in
> GroupBox.qml. Can you post the content of this component?
>
> I get the same error from one of my core apps when it starts up on the
> Sailfish Emulator
>
> % Display on requested
> % Qml debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment!
> % Using the meego graphics system
> % libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
> % Unable to open input file: No such file or directory
> % QFeedbackFFMemless::QFeedbackFFMemless(QObject*) Error: did not find
> vibra spi  device!
> % defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for -
> "com.nokia.qt.camera"
> % Camera error: "The camera service is missing"
>
> The app actually starts up despite these errors. I suspect the "Unable
> to open input file" is down to Feedback / Haptics which I have in this
> project, but I have not yet got around to proving it (the "vibra spi"
> line immediately after this points in that direction, and I guess it
> is possible that the emulator does not (yet) properly support haptics.

Haptics support depends on if there is an force feedback input device
that supports FF_RUMBLE and FF_PERIODIC (basically a ff-memless kernel
driver) in the kernel that is being run. The "vibra spi" AFAIK is N9
specific vibra driver.

I guess in theory if you plug in a force feedback joystick with
ff-memless driver support, it might vibrate. Though not sure how the
resources are available in kernel run by a virtual machine..

- Kalle

http://freegamedev.net/wiki/Force_Feedback