[SailfishDevel] No consistency across screens

Chris Walker cdw_nokiaqt at the-walker-household.co.uk
Mon Dec 30 20:22:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 18:13:23 +0000
Kimmo Lindholm <Kimmo.Lindholm at eke.fi> wrote:

> I have used Jolla now for over a month, and I have to say that for
> first days I missed the battery level etc things, but not anymore. I
> like where they are, I know how I can "peek" them.
>
> I haven't drained the battery so low that I could see does the
> indicator led start to blink when low battery has been announced
> (afaik that happens somewhere about 10%)
>
> Maybe someone makes app with icon(s) showing these information, so
> they can be always visible on home screen ??

Sledgehammer and nut. Why create an app to overcome what I consider to
be a shortcoming in the phone design? There is a reason other
manufacturers have this information on the home screen. Why can't I
drag the icons to the point on the home screen that I consider they
should be like I can with my Blackberry Playbook?

I'm pleased that this has been a reasoned discussion and also to know
that I'm not alone in my views and requirements. It almost seems that
I'm involved as part of the design team, albeit unpaid ;-)