[SailfishDevel] RPM-packaging for Python/QML applications

Matt Austin mail at mattaustin.me.uk
Mon Dec 30 05:15:24 UTC 2013

Hi Osmo,

On 30 December 2013 09:01, Osmo Salomaa <otsaloma at iki.fi> wrote:
> Does anyone have an example of RPM-packaging for a PyOtherSide or pure QML
> application?
>
> I'm not familiar with RPM. In the case of PyOtherSide should I write YAML or
> directly a spec file?

I haven't tried this myself yet, but am interested in any guidelines
that others might have.
>From a quick search, it looks like gpodder for sailfish os just
provides the rpm .spec file:

https://github.com/gpodder/gpodder-sailfish/tree/master/rpm

> Looking at a couple non-C++ Sailfish applications on GitHub, I see them
> using minimal C++ ('SailfishApp::main(argc, argv)'). Why such a travestry
> instead of a shell script calling qmlscene or sailfish-qml?

I believe for non C++ apps, we can just call 'sailfish-qml' (qmlscene
is not supported). This has some restrictions - see Mike's response
from last week here:
https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2013-December/002076.html

Regards,

Matt.