[SailfishDevel] How to handle app settings?

Artem Marchenko artem.marchenko at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 18:06:18 UTC 2013

Hi there

I believe somebody was posting to IRC a link to a QML wrapper for QSettings
done as a part of some nemo project.

If you want something QML that works, I use this pure QML LocalStorage
approach for the last couple of years fine -
https://github.com/amarchen/Wikipedia/blob/master/src/qml/components/DbDictionary.qml

Nowadays I would have started with wrapping QSettings though (and pull
requests to Wikipedia for changing LocalStorage use into QSettings wrapper
are welcome :))

Best regards,
Artem.

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Kimmo Lindholm <Kimmo.Lindholm at eke.fi>wrote:

> I did it like this with QSettings, it works. I don't know is it the
> correct way... (comments anyone?)
>
> introduce me in main()
>     QCoreApplication::setOrganizationDomain("diibadaaba");
>     QCoreApplication::setOrganizationName("diibadaaba ");
>     QCoreApplication::setApplicationName("badbreath");
>     QCoreApplication::setApplicationVersion("0.1-1");
>
> read
>     QSettings settings;
>     m_mySetting = settings.value("mySetting", "").toString();
>
> write
>     QSettings settings;
>     settings.setValue("mySetting", m_mySetting);
>
> -kimmo

Artem Marchenko
http://agilesoftwaredevelopment.com
http://twitter.com/AgileArtem