[SailfishDevel] Harbour: Allow more libraries to link against

Mikael Hermansson mike at 7b4.se
Sat Dec 28 13:02:39 UTC 2013

I agree on atleast libcrypto support should be in the core OS. Don't know about qmf
and its stability etc...

But I have requested for libcrypto before and some say libcrypto is still not API/ABI
stable, so could be a reason to not include it in the core and instead static link it in
our apps. But that leads to problem when linking this with yet another thirdparty like
your case :-/

But when talk about encryption. I just found out that openpgp commandline tools is
not there anymore not even in the repository :( I remember this was in the repository
in emulator before but now gone?

PGP is something I think should be in sailfishos and installed from beginning?

 As commandline tool and possible to execute pgp tools from any application that
want to use it... PGP support in mail app is one of the reason to include it from start ;)

I don't want to be to much offtopic but summary is:

There should be a discussion on the crypto package that should be in the harbour
and the unit in general.

I know that some of these encryption methods are not allowed certain countries and
so on ...

Regards

Mikael

--
Skickat från Lenovo Thinkpad X230 running Kubuntu desktop