[SailfishDevel] configure mail accounts via command line

Putze Sven sailfish.os at hardcodes.de
Fri Dec 27 12:38:40 UTC 2013

On 25.12.2013, at 18:49, Andrey Kozhevnikov <coderusinbox at gmail.com> wrote:

> what profit of using long crypted password if you can't remember it or just type, if you keeping your long and crypted password in some text file and pasting it every time you need to reset your mail account?

My passwords are not in a plain text file, they are stored in a crypted KeePass file. Someone is creating an app for Jolla, so everything will be fine in future. The profit is of course security: I use different logon credentials for each and every account (not only emails). It's more about not re-using passwords for other accounts, the human brain is quite limited here ;-) And yes, this kind of security (or call it paranoia) comes at a price: inconvenience.

BR.
Sven

P.S. Push2Sail came here to rescue, everything works fine now.