[SailfishDevel] What about game development?

Mike Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Thu Dec 26 18:04:17 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-12-26 at 14:46 +0100, Thomas Perl wrote:
> For Audio, use PulseAudio (or Qt5 Multimedia / SDL2 Audio if you use
> these frameworks). Due to the resource policy, you might have to use
> libaudioresource to request playback of audio, otherwise system policy
> might prevent you from playing audio, and writing to the audio device
> might block forever:
>
> https://github.com/nemomobile/libaudioresource/

Does libaudioresource handle the volume controls at all? With
QAudioOutput I've been using libresource directly to unmute the stream,
but have noticed that I also have to acquire the volume keys and do
manual volume handling (which then doesn't work when the application
isn't in focus). Would libaudioresource remove this issue?

(Of course the ideal solution would be for QAudioOutput to have the same
level of integration automatic as QMediaPlayer on the Sailfish side.)

Thanks,
 Mike.