[SailfishDevel] Virtual keyboard disappears while typing in a silica search field

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 11:26:15 UTC 2013

Hello everybody,

I have this strange problem in my Quando Parte application.

I have created a SilicaListView, with a search field as its header.
The listview has a long list of stations (around 2000), and the search
field is used to narrow it down. Every time the text is updated, I
change the filter for the list view. The problem is that after I type
the first character (or sometimes the second), the virtual keyboard
disappears. Maybe the search field is losing focus... how could I
prevent this from happening?

For your reference, the page in question is up on github:

https://github.com/mikelima/quandoparte/blob/master/application/resources/sailfish/qml/pages/StationListPage.qml

Thank you in advance,
Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams