[SailfishDevel] configure mail accounts via command line

Sven Putze sailfish.os at hardcodes.de
Wed Dec 25 14:02:41 UTC 2013

Hi all again,

so far I managed to create accounts via command line:

ag-tool create-account email mail.address at contoso.com
ag-tool list-accounts
# get the id number for the created account, let's assume 4
ag-tool update-service 4 email string:emailaddress=mail.address at contoso.com
ag-tool update-service 4 email string:name=mail.address at contoso.com
ag-tool update-service 4 email string:imap4/server=imapserver.contoso.com
ag-tool update-service 4 email string:imap4/username=mail.address at contoso.com
ag-tool update-service 4 email int:imap4/port=993
ag-tool update-service 4 email bool:imap4/encryption=1
ag-tool update-service 4 email int:imap4/authentication=2
ag-tool update-service 4 email string:smtp/server=smtpserver.contoso.com
ag-tool update-service 4 email string:smtp/username=mail.address at contoso.com
ag-tool update-service 4 email int:smtp/port=465
ag-tool update-service 4 email bool:smtp/encryption=1
ag-tool enable-account 4
ag-tool enable-service 4 email
ag-tool list-settings 4

This is pretty much OK, but the most important part is missing: *the password*

Does anyone know how to set it via shell? I you knew my passwords, you would immediately understand why I want to do it this way ;-)

BR.
Sven