[SailfishDevel] Fwd: Re: Re: How to get contacts and sms through Qt(C++)

Bernd Wachter bernd.wachter at jolla.com
Tue Dec 24 12:26:20 UTC 2013

<christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch> writes:

Hi,

> Thanks, I mentioned that at earlier in this thread.
>
> However I think that the harbour rule is too strict. I think there is
> a legitimate case for apps that clearly state that their purpose is to
> send SMSes, and have their own send button --> i.e. SMSes are only
> sent with explicit permission of the user at time of sending.

the upcoming update introduces sms: as supported URL scheme for
xdg-open, so in the future your application may send SMS by using
xdg-open to call an URL like sms:12345?body=foo+bar+baz, which will open
the messages application with number and body prefilled, and just
requires the user to press 'send'.

Bernd