[SailfishDevel] Jolla owner - day 1
thomas at tanghus.net
Sat Dec 21 19:44:49 UTC 2013
I like it!
But then again I knew I would ;)
However as it is a beta release of the software, here's my list of issues
collected so far.
- Folder hierarchy is messed up. Folders within folders appear what looks to
be totally randomly. I have an IMAP folder named Lists, which contains sub-
folders for the mailing lists I subscribe to. They show scattered around in
the list. Indented, but not under their parent folder.
- From address doesn't contain name, only email. When you send an email From
is "user at example.com" instead of "Jolla User <user at example.com>". When you've
filled out the details when you started using the phone, why not use them; or
even better have it as a setting per mail account.
- In-Reply-To missing: When you reply to a mail no In-Reply-To header is added
which breaks threading in mail clients that support that.
- Does it honor Reply-To: When replying to a mail the client always uses From
instead of Reply-To.
- Select folders to sync and notify about. I'm not the first to have that
feature request ;)
- When deleting mails on IMAP they are moved to Trash folder, but not marked
as read. Minor detail, but would be nice.
- Gets stuck or shows no progress when loading large folders. A spinner in the
middle would be enough.
- Cover shows 0 unread although both current folder and inbox has unread msgs.
- Opens last visited instead of homepage (or cannot set homepage).
- Can't change default search engine to other than the predefined 3. I prefer
to use https://duckduckgo.com/ but the browser doesn't support adding it as
search engine. I guess
is what's used. The browser in N9(50) supports that FWIW ;)
- Changing URL, finding bookmarks etc. very unintuitive unless you've read the
guide. It could be a simple matter of changing the icon. An icon that shows
the number of tabs doesn't indicate that that's where you edit the URL, send a
- Error handling and reporting!
- Twitter: Says »Creating account« then nothing. Doesn't ask for credentials.
- XMPP: Silently fails on certificate error. Doesn't show up as an option in
- When sharing a note by email it gets sent as an attached VNOTE with the body
base64 encoded and with a vcf extension which I thought was reserved for
vCards?. I for one don't have any applications that can handle that format.
Tha-tha-that's it - for today. Enjoy the holidays and have a well deserved
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards
More information about the Devel