[SailfishDevel] Harbour news

Reto Zingg reto.zingg at jolla.com
Thu Dec 19 14:34:29 UTC 2013

Ahoy,

short update.

On 17.12.2013 17:43, Iekku Pylkka wrote:

> 4)
> Heads up: Soon we won't allow any files not needing the execution bit
> set, to have it set. So .png, .desktop and .qml files (and any other
> file you package with your rpm, except the binary) are not allowed to
> have permission 755, just 644!

You might now get with your rejection info some warning about that, e.g.

"WARNING [/usr/share/$NAME/qml/pages/main.qml] File must not be executable"

This is not yet the reason that your rpm got rejected! Just an info that
you might need to change something in future. Details will follow.

> 5)
> New APIs are approved as we go along - we'll inform you when you're
> allowed to use new APIs in Harbour apps on the mailing list. If you
> think you need an API (library or QML import) for your Harbour app that
> is not yet approved, let us know on sailfish-devel. The current list of
> approved APIs can be found on https://harbour.jolla.com/faq

We allow now some more libraries, please check out:
https://harbour.jolla.com/faq

Happy hacking
Reto