[SailfishDevel] Android Subsystem

Nils Jeisecke njeisecke at saltation.de
Wed Dec 18 17:00:26 UTC 2013

Hi list,

Sometimes starting of Android applications does not work. The home
screen shows a panel which says "Loading", then the android subsystem
crashes (I guess).
After closing some Sailfish apps, it usually works. A memory problem?

Back Key: When pressing the Back Key and the application does not
handle this the panel on home disappears as if all Android apps were
terminated. On BB10 this simply shows the task switcher.

This plus the general task switching issue renders the whole Android
subsystem currently nearly unusable for me (please read this just as a
bug report - I really want this platform to become successful and
there's already quite a lot which I like about the device).

Nils