[SailfishDevel] GPS Location service (QTLocation or QTPositioning)

Hendrik Borghorst hendrikborghorst at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 11:49:54 UTC 2013

Hello guys,

I want to develop some kind of MTB tracking application.

I develop in real device and want to know which module for position data
is the best way to go.

On the device I see that qt-location and qt-positioning is installed. As
qt-positioning is part of qt 5.2 I would think this is the way to go.

If it is qt-positioning I would like to know what I have to do to get
precise gps data. At the moment it seems that I only get only bad
location data.

I know that currently the packages are not accepted in harbour.

greetings