[SailfishDevel] Problems installing applications from the store

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at movial.com
Mon Dec 16 17:21:41 UTC 2013

2013/12/16 Jonni Nakari <jonni at egarden.fi>:
> Greetings,
> I haven't been able to install applications from the Jolla store during the
> last few days. Whe trying to install an application the device (Jolla phone)
> displays a notification "Problem with store: Problem with installing <app
> name>" for a very short time after the selected application has been in
> "Installing: Waiting" mode for a while in the store application.
>
> I have developer mode enabled on the device, so attached logs that I got
> from using "journalctl -f -a". I also included output "ssu status", "ssu
> domain", "pkcon repo-list" and "pkcon get-transactions".
>
> One thing that I noticed from the logs is:
> store-client[8780]: [D] Package::InstallTransactionPkgKit::giveUpOrRetry:187
> - void Package::InstallTransactionPkgKit::giveUpOrRetry(const QString&)
> "Authentication failed (is SSU set up correctly?)"
>
> Any idea what could be causing the problems?

This definitely sounds like the infamous "developer updates" problem,
have you touched that setting at any point?

Regardless, I'd try doing a cycle of:

 ssu domain sales
 ssu flavour release
 ssu ur
 pkcon refresh

and see if that helps, even though the ssu output does say domain is
sales already.

Reboot may be required as well, and if all else fails the factory
reset is the last option...

--
Kalle Vahlman, Movial Creative Technologies Inc.
Porkkalankatu 20, FI-00180 Helsinki