[SailfishDevel] Building/Deploying app fails with 1312 SDK

superpelican superpelican at zoho.com
Sat Dec 14 17:50:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, apparently I hadn't read a part of your reply (I was viewing it on my N900).
I discovered the other part of your reply only when I reread the message on my computer ;)

Well, anyway, I have now just created a new project and copied over my C++ source files and .qml's, I also edited the main.cpp/QuickClamshell.cpp to this one (thanks Artem! :) )
and my app now runs in the emulator of the 1312 SDK release. It also created i586 RPMs. But unfortunately for some reason it doesn't create armv7hl RPMs when I switch to the armv7hl target and build it with MerSDK-SailfishOS-armv7hl -> Release -> Deploy As RPM or Deploy By Building An RPM Package (the run option is grayed out when the armv7hl target is chosen) . So I headed to the "Projects" tab and checked the steps the SDK runs when building or running. Apparently the SDK runs a "mb2 rpm" command/step when running, so I simply added that step to the build process with "Custom Build Step". Unfortunately that didn't work, because I'm now getting:
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }  "18:35:34: Could not start process "mb2 rpm" "
however there were no problems with the makeing: "  p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }  "The process "$HOME/.config/SailfishAlpha3/mer-sdk-tools/MerSDK/SailfishOS-armv7hl/make" exited normally."

So how can I build armv7hl RPMs for a Jolla Device?

Kind Regards,

Superpelican

---- On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:09:26 -0800 Juha Kallioinen <juha.kallioinen at jolla.com> wrote ----