[SailfishDevel] QCamera not found: yet again ....

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Dec 8 13:48:31 UTC 2013

Hi

Now that my main app on harmattan is finished, and that Jolla Sailfish
devices should be in our hands in the next few days, I am having
another stab at porting my app from Harmattan to Sailfish.

I have started with a brand-new default app, based on the latest SDK
template, and am gradually adding functionality.

And once again, I fail at the first step.

During build I get the error: "QCamera: No such file or directory".

The weird thing is, I have an older partially migrated version of the
app created when Sailfish first moved to QT5. This older version also
uses QCamera, and seems to find it quite happily.

QtCreator also seems to know where QCamera is, as it shows me the path
via tooltip.

In my pro file I have the setting "CONFIG += multimedia" (in the older
migration attempt, removing this entry also produces the  "QCamera: No
such file or directory" error.

My guess is that the main difference between the old partially
migrated app, and my new version are the new templates, and that due
to these QCamera cannot be resolved, or I have to do something
different for it to be found.

In the landed25_QT5.cpp (previously known as main.cpp) I have
#include "landedtorch.h"

In landedtorch.h I have
#include <QQuickItem>
#include <QCamera>

In the .pro file I have:
CONFIG += multimedia"

Any ideas? I am sure it something simple that I have missed ...

Chris