[SailfishDevel] Accent with maliit keyboard

dcaliste at free.fr dcaliste at free.fr
Mon Dec 2 15:51:46 UTC 2013

Hello,

Selon Pekka Vuorela <pekka.vuorela at jolla.com>:
> I assume you are here talking about Sailfish keyboard. It's layout
> system is its own. Maliit only covers lower levels for communicating
> with the application, hosting keyboard plugins, etc. Thus removed rest
> of the mailing lists.
Ok, I didn't know.

> What you ask is more difficult, e could become é, è, ê or ë. As
> conventional dead key that would require four buttons. French layout has
> space for maybe two more buttons, but then it's a compromise whether to
> have larger buttons or cover part of the accents.
Ok, but I'm not thinking about a dead key to compose accute or grave accent (or
more flourish ones !). I was thinking of a single key that changes the layout of
the whole keys.

So e accute and e grave won't be necessarily positioned on the e letter.

For instance, assuming we have the current layout:
q|w|e
shift|a|s|

Pressing shift will result in viewing:
Shift|A|S|

So I'm thinking of an fn key like:
q|w|e
shift|a|s|
fn|z|x

which would give after pressing it (like the shift key):
à|w|é
shift|æ|è|
Fn|ç|ù

Are my explanations clearer ? What piece of code should I give a look at to add
a key that acts like the shift key by changing the layout of the whole keyboard
(once if pressed once or locked if pressed twice) ?

Thanks anyway to be so quick in answering ! Amazing job.

Damien.