[SailfishDevel] Some UI stuff etc.

FIlip Kłębczyk fklebczyk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 17:56:06 UTC 2013

Hello,

while on Sailfish SDK installfest event in Bratislava yesterday I've met
a guy who is working on an IVI UI/UX for one of the well known
automotive brands (nevermind which). As Sailfish was something new to
him he was very interested what this OS has to offer in terms of UX.
Reception was generally positive, but he had few remarks. Anyway we
found some things in the components gallery (don't remember if it was
discussed here already) which can be probably improved/fixed.

So this is hard to read (text in red area is almost unreadable):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6hxcjpozc2x4p1/hard_to_see_what_is_actually_there.png

Numbers on keypad missing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl0elu6bm0jadn5/no_numbers.png

Old stuff, discussed many times, but again and again people who see the
dialog for the first time, wonder why actually time is not in the
center? Was there any particular reason for not putting it there?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/77qfl38hp6m284y/time_in_center.png

There were more remarks. I will try to explain them in next mail.

Regards,
Filip

PS. By the way I remember previous SDK version (the one from February)
and it seems to me that Opacity Ramp had some effect then. Here it does
not seem to have any if changing values (or maybe I'm not noticing it).
Btw. offset value at one point:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nypvh3h55dm7gw3/does_it_still_works.png