[SailfishDevel] LocaleStorage dirs

Mikael Hermansson mike at 7b4.se
Sat Aug 17 11:52:32 UTC 2013

I planing to take backup and reinstall my linuxbox today and realised that all
those hidden files in home root catalog on my Linux machines drives me nuts.
Its to much wild west in how apps stores its app configs.

 Why does so many apps not following the rules and install in .config/appname?
and caches in .cashe and so on also kde/gnome is not followin this rules :(
this make it a mess if you want to  take backup.

That made me think. What are the rules when store data on SailfishOS?

IMHO it should follow STRICT to install in .config/appname
NOT in homedir root (eg .appname)

Please clarify whats the rules in the documentation :) So developer do it the
right way from start.

Regards

mike7b4