[SailfishDevel] yet another pop problem (Dialog)

Wim de Vries wsvries at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 15 17:51:50 UTC 2013

Hi Matt,
Thanks.
On 08/15/2013 12:09 PM, Matthew Vogt wrote:
> The simplest thing to do, is to wait for the page under your dialog to
> be re-activated - when the page status is 'PageStaus.Active' again,
> then you know that the pop transition has finished and you can issue a
> new page stack change.
Yes, I'll do this one. Only have keep track from where it came when it
is activated.

> However, what you should probably do in this case, is verify that the
> dialog content is valid before you let the user accept the Dialog.
> You can prevent the dialog being accepetd by binding an expression
> which evaluates to false to the 'canAccept' property of the Dialog.
> When you detect that the user has entered a name which already exists,
> you can show a TextSwitch for the user to confirm that they wish to
> overwrite the existing file.  When you're happy that the choice is
> intentional, make the 'canAccept' expression evaluate to true.
Dont want to fire c++ validation for every key action.
Tried 'canAccept : false' at start, but couldn't find a trigger to
intercept usr action to validate and then accept() or reject().

> You may also like to look at the text field examples in the component
> gallery, which demonstrate how to visually indicate that the content
> of a field is not currently in a valid state.
I did.
BTW: they don't work (anymore):

bash: /opt/sdk/componentgallery/usr/bin/silicacomponentgallery-example:
No such file or directory

Remote application finished with exit code 127.