[SailfishDevel] file permissions of user data files

Wim de Vries wsvries at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 11 11:55:11 UTC 2013

On 08/11/2013 01:36 PM, "Thomas B. Rücker" wrote:
> On 08/11/2013 12:21 PM, Wim de Vries wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to save a file from within my app.
>> I can read the file, not write to it:
>>
>> cannot open "/etc/ssh/authorized_keys/checklists/GEO1" ; "Permission
>> denied"
>>  From within ubuntu I have made the file (GEO1) and dir (checklists)
>> r/w for all.
>> Thanks.
>>

> Why are you as a *user* trying to write to /etc/?
> That's usually completely off limits and for very good reasons I must say.
Thanks.
Indeed, you are right. Wrong place to have user data. I didn't focus on
where it ends up on the emulator.
It seems that this is the place where shared files (from the devel
machine: emulator/1/ssh) end up.
I guess I have to copy the files via the deployment.
I'll try to figure out the documentation on that ;-(
wim