[SailfishDevel] Sending SMS Messages from Sailfish Alpha 2 from QML, partial success

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sat Aug 10 13:35:26 UTC 2013

Hi John

I have partially answered one of the questions from my last mail.

This morning on sending an SMS from QML I got this output:

void ConversationChannel::sendMessage(const MessagePartList&)
Buffering message until channel is ready
tp-qt 0.9.3 WARN: (Too old?) Channel Dispatcher failed to tell us
whether it supports request hints, assuming it doesn't:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" : "The name
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.ChannelDispatcher was not provided by any
.service files"
tp-qt 0.9.3 WARN: GetAll(Account) failed:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown": "The name
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.AccountManager was not provided by any
.service files"
No account for "/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Account/ring/tel/account0"
SSH connection failed: Timeout waiting for reply from server.

I then looked in /usr/share/dbus-1/services on the Emulator, and found
that I had no Telepathy service files at all! Evidently installing
Telepathy-qt5 is not enough.

So taking pot luck, I installed telpathy-ring to Emulator via "zypper
in telepathy-ring"

In /usr/share/dbus-1/services I now have the following additional files

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   98 2013-06-10 21:01
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.AccountManager.service
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  104 2013-06-10 23:04
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.ConnectionManager.ring.service
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  188 2013-06-10 21:01
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.MissionControl5.service

Now when I send an SMS I get this output:

void ConversationChannel::sendMessage(const MessagePartList&)
Buffering message until channel is ready
tp-qt 0.9.3 WARN: (Too old?) Channel Dispatcher failed to tell us
whether it supports request hints, assuming it doesn't:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" : "The name
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.ChannelDispatcher was not provided by any
.service files"
void ConversationChannel::channelRequestCreated(const ChannelRequestPtr&)

So one of the two warnings is now eliminated.

I guess that the missing ChannelDispatcher service file is also down
to a missing package.

Currently I have the following Telepathy packages installed on the Emulator:
S | Name                      | Zusammenfassung
             | Typ
i | telepathy-glib            | GLib bindings for Telepathy
             | Paket
i | telepathy-mission-control | Central control for Telepathy
connection manager   | Paket
i | telepathy-qt5             | Qt 5 Telepathy library
             | Paket
i | telepathy-ring            | GSM connection manager for the
Telepathy framework | Paket