[SailfishDevel] Sending SMS Messages from Sailfish Alpha 2 from QML

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sat Aug 10 08:36:07 UTC 2013

Hi John

Yesterday I fought the good fight on several fronts 8.)

1) I had a stab at migrating your QmlMessages project to Qt5 /
Sailfish Alpha 2. I did all the obvious stuff according to the porting
guides, but then got to a stage where I had a screenful of errors from
qqml.h, qquickitem.h and qjvalue.h. These are probably follow on
errors from incorrectly migrated QmlMessage code, but I could not spot
it. Unfortunately for me, reading C++ is a bit like reading a menu in
Greek. I can spot some dishes like feta, chicken, lamb, maybe make out
individual characters that I recognise, but the rest is just Greek to
me! So I have put this on hold for the moment.

2) nemo-qml-plugin-messages

Zitat von "John Brooks" <john.brooks at jollamobile.com>:
> ...TelepathyChannelManager has a minor side effect - it's only meant
> to be instantiated once by whichever client is handling incoming
> messages for the user. I've submitted a small change that will make
> it more appropriate for use cases like yours at
> https://github.com/nemomobile/nemo-qml-plugin-messages/pull/4. You
> should use code like what you have above....

I have incorporated you changes to my local copy, thank!

QtCreator objects to Telepathy imports like this (File or directory
not found):

#include <TelepathyQt/PendingChannelRequest>

But the autocomplete finds Telepathy imports as follows:

#include <telepathy-qt5/TelepathyQt/PendingChannelRequest>

However both formats compile quite happily.

3) SMSTelepathyDemo
This is my throwaway QML project, importing nemo-qml-plugin-messages.
When I send an SMS I get this output:

void ConversationChannel::sendMessage(const MessagePartList&)
Buffering message until channel is ready
tp-qt 0.9.3 WARN: (Too old?) Channel Dispatcher failed to tell us
whether it supports request hints, assuming it doesn't:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" : "The name
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.ChannelDispatcher was not provided by any
.service files"
tp-qt 0.9.3 WARN: GetAll(Account) failed:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown": "The name
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.AccountManager was not provided by any
.service files"
No account for "/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Account/ring/tel/account0"

I have to confess, my understanding of the DBus architecture is very
vague. I will spend some time boning up on
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/IntroductionToDBus/
Hopefully this will give me more insight.

cheers

Chris