[SailfishDevel] SearchField and focus

Martin Grimme martin.grimme at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 16:06:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem. My solution was to define the
SearchField _outside_ the list view, like this:

SilicaListView {
    id: listview

    header: Item {
        // This is just a placeholder for the header box. To avoid the
        // list view resetting the input box everytime the model resets,
        // the search entry is defined outside the list view.
        height: headerBox.implicitHeight
    }

}

Column {
    id: headerBox

    property int neutralPos: 0

    y: 0 - listview.contentY + neutralPos
    width: parent.width

    Component.onCompleted: {
        neutralPos = listview.contentY;
    }

    SearchField {
    }
}

That way, the SearchField floats on top of the list at the place
reserved by the placeholder Item.

Martin