[SailfishDevel] Alpha 2: Installation of QtQuick LocalStorage "plugin"

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Mon Aug 5 11:37:03 UTC 2013

Hi All

I spent some time this morning migrating the part of one of my apps
that uses Qt LocalStorage from the old Alpha to the new Alpha.

I now have everything up and running tickity-bo.

One of the key problems was that I was getting errors similar to the
one below:

"file:///opt/sdk/QT5TestLS/usr/share/QT5TestLS/pages/settingsDB.js:10:
ReferenceError: LS is not defined"

This despite the fact that I has an ".import QtQuick.LocalStorage 2.0
as LS" statement in the settingsDB.js file.

Then it clicked: on the old Emulator I had to install Sqlite, so maybe
now I had to install LocalStorage on the SDK?

A quick search on the Manage Toolchains in Qt Creator showed that
"qt5-qtdeclarative-import-localstorageplugin was present in the
toolchain.

Next on the Emulator VM via SSH zypper se Storage

S | Name                                                  |
Zusammenfassung
--+-------------------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+------
   | qt5-qtdeclarative-import-localstorageplugin           | Qt
LocalStorage plugin
| Paket
   | qt5-qtdeclarative-import-localstorageplugin-debuginfo | Debug
information for package qt5-qtdeclarative-import-localstorageplu-> |
Paket

shows that LocalStorage is not installed.

"zypper in qt5-qtdeclarative-import-localstorageplugin" cured that,
the above error no longer appears, and the DB access of my app now
works.

But this raises the question: Why is localstorage in the toolchain,
but not installed by default on the SDK?

Then, just out of curiosity, I also did "zypper se Storage" on the
MERSDK VM. To my surprise it was not installed.

Does this mean that packages like LocalStorage must be present int the
toolchain of the MERSDK, but not actually installed on the MERSDK (i.e
"in the toolchain" and "installed" are not the same thing?)

Grüsse aus Zürich

Chris

[root at SailfishSDK ~]#