[SailfishDevel] Alpha 2: passing simple properties from main.cpp to qml: A bug?

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Aug 4 16:36:06 UTC 2013

Salut Lucien

Maybe it is clearer with Code examples

I was doing this, which gives me an error, but seems to work!

Q_DECL_EXPORT int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
     QScopedPointer<QGuiApplication>
app(Sailfish::createApplication(argc, argv));
     QScopedPointer<QQuickView> view(Sailfish::createView("main.qml"));
     view->rootContext()->setContextProperty("cppproperty",  "Hello world");
     Sailfish::showView(view.data());
     return app->exec();
}

You suggest I could this:

Q_DECL_EXPORT int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
     QScopedPointer<QGuiApplication>
app(Sailfish::createApplication(argc, argv));
     QScopedPointer<QQuickView> view(Sailfish::createView());
     view->rootContext()->setContextProperty("cppproperty",  "Hello world");
     Sailfish::setView(view.data(), "main.qml");
     Sailfish::showView(view.data());
     return app->exec();
}

..but will then run into your template error:
file:///usr/share/setContextPropertyDemo/main.qml: File not found

Maybe the qmlRegister**Type is the best approach after all. The
downside is (unless I have missed something) that I will then have to
create a class for my property, whereas with the setContextProperty I
can use a string literal or a primitive type like int.

Merci

Chris