[SailfishDevel] Alpha 2: passing simple properties from main.cpp to qml

Martin Grimme martin.grimme at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 12:31:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

you don't want to set the context property on the
QmlApplicationViewer, which was dead Nokia code to target Symbian and
Harmattan, anyway.
QmlApplicationViewer was derived from QmlView, where it got the
rootContext() method from.

With Qt5, QmlView was renamed to QQuickView. And when using the
functions from sailfishapplication.h, you get a QQuickView*, e.g.:

        QScopedPointer<QQuickView> view(Sailfish::createView("main.qml"));
        view->rootContext()->setContextProperty("platform", platformId);

Martin