[SailfishDevel] Name of the "new" alpha

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sat Aug 3 14:27:57 UTC 2013

Hi all

I wish the guys at Sailfish / Jolla had given the "new" alpha its own
name to distinguish it from the "old" / "first" alpha.

It would make it so much easier when talking about both, in this
mailing list, or on my blog.

It would also make it clear to new visitors that theres is progress in
your work.

"Old Alpha" and "New Alpha" is a bit vague.

"Qt4 Alpha" and "Qt5 Alpha" only tells half the story, as surely many
other things have changed, not just the Qt version.

"Beta" would have been obvious, but I guess that suggests a solidity
that maybe is not quite there yet....

Chris