[SailfishDevel] Ride the wave!

David Greaves david at dgreaves.com
Thu Aug 1 22:53:58 UTC 2013

Yes - we tried hard to get that put into the installer in time but had to settle
for a tweet and a note on the homepage that explain you need to uninstall first
- and that only went in post-release when we realised people weren't reading
https://sailfishos.org/develop.html :D

Sorry about that :)

David

On 01/08/13 20:33, Stefan Lahner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it would be nice to have some information how to update. Simply install on
> Windows do not work. I deinstalled the old version and then it works. Is this
> the recommended way to do an update or is it even simpler ?
>
> BTW: nice to see an update of the SDK!!!
>
> Best Regards,
> Stefan
>
> Am 01.08.2013 21:00, schrieb David Greaves:
>> First of all, thank you very much for waiting - and now here is the SailfishOS
>> SDK Alpha-Qt5 update supporting Qt5, QtQuick2 and Wayland!
>>
>> In this release we roll out a SailfishOS SDK that works like it's predecessor
>> but supports Qt5 and QtQuick, with it's graphics pipeline switched from X11 to
>> Wayland.
>>
>> Not only that but we've added update support so we can now roll out improvements
>> - keep an eye on the Updates page in the Control Centre and watch out for
>> QtCreator updates too.
>>
>> Don't forget we develop lots of things in the open - you're welcome to join in.
>>
>> So, point your browsers to https://www.sailfishos.org and ride the wave, you'll
>> love it!
>>
>> With best regards, David  & Jarko

"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."