[SailfishDevel] Sailfish Emulator on Lubuntu: SSH not working

Thomas Perl th.perl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 21:41:33 UTC 2013

Hi Christopher,

2013/4/27  <christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch>:
> I can ssh to the SDK VM, but get errors when I SSH to the Emulator VM.
>
> I get "Permission denied (publickey)."

Should be similar to the one problem mentioned in the known issues page[1]:

    If you get "Agent admitted failure to sign using the key"
    when using ssh, try setting SSH_AUTH_SOCK=

Alternatively, you can set a different shared folder in VirtualBox'
preferences and make sure that your normal SSH key's public key gets
picked up by the emulator. Or move your ~/.ssh/id_rsa (private key)
out of place somewhere temporarily and make sure the ssh agent forgets
it to check if that's the issue.

Finally, you can set up a SSH connection to your local sailfish
emulator (in ~/.ssh/config):

Host sailfishemu
    HostName localhost
    User nemo