[SailfishDevel] Missing Spec File on Build / Run

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Apr 21 01:40:21 UTC 2013

Hi David

I had deliberately not used the New Project "SailfishOS Qt Quick
Application Template" because I had assumed that it was intended for
applications and would give me .pro settings for that scenario.

So it looks like we (currently) have two approaches when developing a
library targeted at SailfishOS:
a) start with the "SailfishOS Qt Quick Application Template" and then
modify settings so that the end result is a library (perhaps using a
Harmattan library as a reference).
b) start with a Harmattan library, and modify settings to that the end
result is a SailfishOS flavoured library - using a demo "SailfishOS Qt
Quick Application Template" project as a reference.

Both approaches require adding some frills, removing others to get the
required end result.

Thanks

Chris