[SailfishDevel] What happens where during building and deployment?

Wim de Vries wsvries at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 20 12:59:26 UTC 2013

Follow up on topic no "c++ in Sailfish?" and about building/installing a
module.

I'll skip the step of making an rpm of the module for now.
I think (for testing)  I will just build and install of the qtserial
module and headers.

Still, I have been browsing the MerSDK VM and I have questions.
(If I can get this more clear, I am willing to write some documentation
for other starters on Sailfish)

Please confirm/correct.

-code is and stays on the host machine;
-qmake is run on the host machine;
-building is done on the MerSDK VM
    > but where, in what directories?
    > where, in what directories does the SDK live?
    > on which directory of MerSDK VM is the ~ of the host mounted?
-rpm is created on the MerSDK VM;
-rpm is installed on the SailFish VM.
Thanks.