[SailfishDevel] adding a module to the Qt-sdk

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Apr 14 06:17:23 UTC 2013

Hi Wim

I am the process of learning this sort of thing myself...

My (still somewhat hazy) understanding is that you will have to add
new packages to both the SDK and the Emulator.

Packages on the SDK can be managed from within Qt Creator. (You should
have a SailfishOS Icon to the left of your screen (under the Projects
Icon).

To update the Emulator do the following:
1. connect to the Emulator via ssh:
ssh -i ~/.ssh/mer-qt-creator-rsa root at localhost -p 2223

2. su - (root password is "nemo")

3. zypper in <your package>

b.t.w if you need to ssh to the Emulator:
ssh -i ~/.ssh/mer-qt-creator-rsa root at localhost -p 2222

Ciao

Chris