[SailfishDevel] qt-components-devel is installed, but Qt Creator does not agree

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Wed Apr 10 20:33:14 UTC 2013

Hi all.

Last night I installed the mer/SailfishOs package
"qt-components-devel" (which contains the "com.nokia.meego" components).

However when I try to build a project using com.nokia.meego
components, Qt Creator  complains that the module "com.nokia.meego is
not installed"

After some googling and hunting around in the bowels of the Sailfish
SDK, I think this is because this module does not contain a
plugin.qmltypes file.

So far I have not succeeded in creating this file: using the Harmattan
equivalent does not work, and the only instances of qmlplugindump on
my workstation are for OSX

As always I am grateful for any ideas ...

Chris