[SailfishDevel] Running program in SDK Fails to launch at first try in windows

Mikko Matinaho mikko.matinaho at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 18:12:25 UTC 2013

Hi,
lbta sked me in IRC to report this so here we go:

I installed fresh copy of Virtualbox and SailfishSDK in Windows 8

Everything went fine until I tested to run first "HelloSailors" app.
Error printed in compiler output was:

SOFT ASSERT: "!path.isEmpty()" in file
..\..\..\..\src\libs\virtualbox\vboxmanager.cpp, line 39
'MerSDK' is not running: File not found

And when it asked to start MerSDK it didn't start.

Then I tried manually start it in virtualbox but it didn't detect that
either.

I got it finally working when I let virtual machine to run while I
restarted QtCreator and tried again to run. Still it didn't detect that
emulator is running(it was) until I pressed stat emulator button in left
toolbar.

best regards,

Mikko Matinaho
karalaine at freenode/quakenet