[SailfishDevel] Other programming languages for developing Harbour apps.

Vesa-Matti Hartikainen vesa-matti.hartikainen at jolla.com
Mon Aug 10 07:39:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

 You can certainly develop using almost any compiled language. Technically there is no limitations. However, we only accept linking to well known shared libraries  with stable API and ABI for the apps that we accept to Jolla app store. We do this to ensure apps keep working for the forseeable future. This may limit usefulness of other compiled languages than C and C++.

 You can see other constrains we have set for apps in Jolla store from the Harbour FAQ at:
 https://harbour.jolla.com/faq

 And the list of accepted shared libraries at:
 https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/sdk-harbour-rpmvalidator/blob/harbour-qa/allowed_libraries.conf

BR,
 Veskuh